The best window siding in Hawaii
In 1981 when Mr. Houar took over ownership of Tropical Wholesale, his vision was to make the very best window and siding installation company in Hawaii. And, 45 years later, Tropical not only became the best in the business but also still is today. That’s why Tropical wins Honolulu Star-Advertiser’s “Hawaii’s Best” every year. Here are a few of the reasons why Tropical is the No. 1 window and siding company in Hawaii.
1) Tropical is a full-service general contracting company specializing in windows, siding and baths but can even build a home if you want. Plus, Tropical has a plumbing and specialty exterior siding licenses.
2) Tropical has the highest limits of liability insurance and workman compensation, plus, Tropical is bonded on every job.
3) Tropical is the oldest window and siding company in Hawaii with over 25,000-plus customers.
4) Tropical designed the first vinyl window for Hawaii over 40 years ago while manufacturing the very first vinyl windows ever made in Hawaii. That’s because we believe “Vinyl is Final.”
5) Tropical still services customers from over 40-plus years ago. That’s exceptional because what other company can you think of that does that? Every other company that Tropical competes against are new and mainland owned.
When asking owners Matt and his son, Michael, how have they kept the business going all these years and being successful, they both answered, “It’s the local customers we work for. Most businesses don’t have the advantage of having the best natured customers in the world.”
Matt says that’s why their motto is “buy local.” Ninety percent of Tropical customers are local people, and that makes a difference.
Mike went on to say, “Our customers constantly recommend us to friends and family. This accounts for over 50% of our business. This is the key because at Tropical, we do the best job and back it up. Plus, of course, there is a lot of hard work.”
Now, Tropical is 43 years old. And with the “Vinyl is Final” company that was purchased from Mr. Houar’s father and uncle Bud Shasteen, that makes 62 years this year.
So, when customers ask, “How long will you be around?” or, “How old is your business?” the owners of Tropical can proudly say 62 years. This makes Tropical the oldest and most stable siding and window contractor in Hawaii. So like Matt’s father always said, “I can tell you how great we are but we would rather show you.”
Call Tropical today and we will give you the best prices, products and installation. Hopefully, you’re convinced when you do the windows and siding, or even a bath for your home. Call Tropical, the No. 1 company in the business where you can “buy local.”
Call Tropical at 808-593-2000 or visit our showroom at 1351 S. Beretania St. Open 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Mondays-Fridays and 10 a.m.-4 p.m. on Saturdays.
CONTACT 808-593-2000 • 808-263-1252
ADDRESS 1351 S. Beretania St., Honolulu