Practical, affordable bathrooms
Is it time to update your bathroom? Here are some normal questions homeowners might be asking themselves:
• Where do I start?
• How do I plan this remodel out?
• How long will this take?
• What do I need to know about organizing and selecting a contractor to remodel my bathroom?
If you’re thinking about a bath remodel, let’s ask a professional. The perfect person to ask is Matt or Mike from Tropical Wholesale. The company’s owners have been contracting in Hawaii for over 60 years. It’s most famous for its slogans “vinyl is final” and “buy local,” but Tropical also has a plumbing license and remodels between 15-20 bathrooms most months, which makes it a leader in the industry.
Tropical specializes in residential homes and condos, and Tropical represents Jacuzzi as a distributor for the lifetime acrylic products in its tub and shower systems.
Now, Mike and Matt will answer the questions posed earlier and give professional advice.
• Where do I start ? Matt recommends first starting with a licensed contractor — like Tropical — that holds a general contractors license and plumbing contractors license. This means the contractor has insurance (workers’ comp and liability), is bonded and has experience in this type of contracting. Hopefully, they also specialize in bathroom remodeling.
• How do I plan this remodel out? Mike says to coordinate with your contractor. Make sure the decisions are not rushed, and that you are comfortable when you make the initial decisions. We all have natural instincts, and if you are comfortable and trust your contractor — that should give you peace of mind.
• How long will this take? Mike says that a partial remodel can be done in as little as three days. If it’s a full remodel, it may take up to two weeks, and that’s if nothing goes wrong. Sometimes, unforeseen issues come up like rot or termite damage. This is rare, though, so let’s hope that doesn’t happen.
• What do I need to know about organizing and selecting a contractor to remodel my bathroom? Matt says to call Tropical Wholesale at 593-2000 or head to its showroom at 1351 S. Beretania St. The company is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays-Fridays, and 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturdays. There are hundreds of colors and styles, and the company represents three major manufacturers of custom bathroom units. Tropical can give homeowners quality lifetime products for a reasonable price.
With over 2,000 bathrooms installed and 20,000-plus customers in Hawaii, only Tropical is a sure bet.
Learn more by emailing email@example.com.
CONTACT 263-1252 • 292-2942