Bathe safe, with style in a new walk-in system
Safety should always be the first priority when it comes to seniors. Becoming a senior sneaks up on everyone — one day, you are raising your kids and working, then, before you know it, you have aged — and when you are a senior, you don’t heal as fast as you did when you were younger. A bump can now be a break, and reflexes are a little slower than before.
The No. 1 place seniors have accidents is in the bathroom. In fact, 73 percent of all accidents for seniors happen in their own bathrooms. The floor can get wet and slippery, or having to step over the tub can lead to a fall.
However, there are ways to prevent 90 percent of these accidents and that is to be pro-active. Start by creating a safe bathroom area. A smart way to create a safe bath environment is to convert a tub in your home to a semi-handicap shower.
When talking with Tropical Windows & Baths owners Matt and Mike Houar, you will be encouraged to know they have the answers. Tropical Windows & Baths has a showroom at 1351 S. Beretania St. that has a lot of safe bath ideas.
The following are just a few examples:
• There are walk-in showers with zero barriers so that a wheelchair can easily roll in.
• There also are regular shower units that are semi-handicap with all the options available like solid seats that carry up to 400 pounds.
• All the latest in handicap bars that have style (and even come in several colors).
• There also is the latest in designs for your bathroom so it does not look like a care home. Tropical Windows & Baths has 15-20 different colors and designs available, and can even do a complete remodeling for the bathroom.
• And best of all, the installation by Tropical Windows & Baths normally takes only two days. The installation is done completely by Tropical Windows & Baths, a general contractor in Hawaii for more than 30 years.
Don’t wait for an accident to happen that can change your quality of life. Call Tropical Windows & Baths for a free estimate or visit the showroom for all the latest ideas for bathroom safety for seniors. The showroom is open Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.; and Saturday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Make sure you ask for the company’s local discounts as well as senior discounts, and get started on a safe bathroom installation for a better quality of life.
TROPICAL WINDOWS & BATHS
CONTACT 263-1252 (Windward) • 456-4892 (Leeward) • 593-2000 and 396-0971 (Honolulu)
ADDRESS 1351 S. Beretania St. (Showroom)