5 reasons why you should re-roof
By Randall Balais
Are you thinking of re-roofing your home but aren’t sure it’s needed now? Here are West Oahu Roofing’s customers’ top five reasons they decided to re-roof:
1. Old roofs. Homes built before the mid-90s are ready for re-roofing based on a 25-year roof. These homes should be re-roofed soon to prevent damages to the interior of your home from roof leaks.
2. Roof leaks. Roof leaks can be taken care of with simple repairs while others may need new roofs. WOR will give you an honest evaluation on how to remedy the problem.
3. Rooftop PV. Many homeowners in Hawaii are taking advantage of rooftop solar. Before PV is installed make sure your roof is evaluated. Re-roofing after PV installations are subject to additional costs to remove and re-install PV panels.
4. Home cooling. Older roofs are usually dark in color making your home uncomfortable. New roofs have energy saving characteristics that can make your home cooler.
5. Home sale. Not only does re-roofing take care of all the roofing issues, it changes the curb appeal of your home, and increases the value of your home as well. When selling a house after a new roof is installed the added value of the home is approximately 15 percent to 40 percent.
There are many different roofing materials and manufacturers in the roofing industry. Allow the team at West Oahu Roofing to showcase the roofing system that will work for you as the company does it all. West Oahu Roofing is a local family owned and operated roofing company that has maintained an A+ Rating at the BBB and has been in business for more than 12 years.
“When it is time for you re-roof, my team of knowledgeable sales and experienced roofers will be there to work with you,” said West Oahu Roofi ng president RME Bernard C. Balais.
Randall Balais is the operations manager at West Oahu Roofing Inc.