Big tips for your big move
It’s time to move. It might be from one house to another nearby, or completely on the other side of the island. No matter the distance, amount of belongings or number of people, your big move will be a big deal.
Here are moving tips from Penske Truck Rental — helping customers complete their big moves for more than 40 years.
• Less is better. The less you have to move, the easier your move will be on your body and your wallet. While packing, create three piles. The first is your “must-go” pile. The second is your “must-sell” pile. The third is the “must-throw” pile.
• Stock up on supplies. Stock up on boxes of multiple sizes, but keep in mind that smaller is much easier to carry. Also stock up on foam and bubble wrap to protect your fragile items. You’ll also want to have moving blankets and hand trucks to make it easier to transport your items.
• Rent a truck. One trip makes the big move simple, even if you’re just moving across town. Penske Truck Rental guarantees a truck for every reservation. Most movers find the 12 or 16 foot truck perfect for moving. For guidance with larger moves or with your truck selection, visit www.PenskeTruckRental.com.
• Pack smart. Load the heaviest items on the truck first. When you’ve got a sturdy base of the heaviest items, you can start stacking on top.
• Safety and security. Trucks are taller, wider, heavier and require more stopping distance than the vehicle you are used to driving. As a result, it’s important to take extra precaution, especially when the truck is loaded. To protect your belongings, park in well-lit areas and padlock the rear door. For more information and a complete list of moving tips, visit www.PenskeTruckRental.com.
This article is courtesy of Brandpoint.