Go from house to custom home
Whether looking out to a private zen garden from your master bathroom, having breakfast with your kids in the kitchen or turning your carport to a garage, everyone’s priorities and lifestyles are different and will continue to change. In another way, there is a difference between having a house and having a home. A home is much more than just a dwelling — it’s an entity that belongs to a person and/or family.
Turning a house into a home can be as simple as installing a new ceiling fan or painting that stark-white living room wall tangerine orange. It can also be as complex as building a second-story addition with a balcony deck overlooking the beach. Whatever your reasons are, here are a few helpful hints to help you with your renovation:
• Prioritize spaces that fit your lifestyle and utilize every square foot of your home. Ensure the spaces in your home are optimally used.
• Set up a manageable design and construction budget and stick to it.
• Choose a design theme and style throughout the design of your home and landscape and execute it.
• Ensure your structure — foundation and roof — is sound by hiring a professional or certified home inspector.
• Apply for applicable local building permits.
• Be cost-effective, but use good-quality materials.
• Use eco-friendly materials when you can.
If you are in need of some additional help, hire a designer that is qualified to do the job and understands what you need. A designer will:
• Go over your priorities with you and help you weigh out any tough decisions .
•Design to exceed your expectations, not just satisfy them.
• Advise and design to meet your budget.
• Help you obtain multiple construction quotes for your project.
• Ensure the design meets current building codes and help you attain your building permit.
Drafting Solutions LLC has more than 10 years of architectural design experience servicing Hawaii’s homeowners. It has secured building permits and independent construction quotes and references for local homeowners for the last nine years. Don’t fit your lifestyle to the house you inherited from the last owner, turn it into your own custom home. Call for a free consultation.
DRAFTING SOLUTIONS LLC
contact // 352-2548