Making a house into a home
Whether looking out to a private garden from your master bathroom, talking story with your kids in your kitchen or turning your carport into a garage, everyone’s priorities and lifestyles are different — and will change. But that is the difference between a house and a home.
Turning a house into a home can be as simple as hanging family photos and painting that stark-white wall teal, or as complex as a second-story addition with a balcony deck overlooking the beach you played on as a kid. Whatever your reason, here are a few helpful hints to help you with your renovation:
• Prioritize the space needs that fit your lifestyle.
• Set up a manageable budget and stick to it.
• Ensure the spaces in your home are optimally used. Excess is never good.
• Ensure your structure — foundation and roof — is sound by hiring a professional or certified home inspector.
• Apply for applicable building permits.
• Be cost-effective, but use good-quality materials.
• Use eco-friendly materials when you can.
If you are in need of some additional help or permit documents, hire a designer that is qualified to do the job and who understands what you need. A designer will:
• Go over your priorities and help you with tough decisions.
• Advise and design to meet your construction budget.
• Ensure design meets current building codes.
• Help you attain your building permit.
• Refer you to licensed and bonded independent general contractors for competitive construction quotes.
Drafting Solutions LLC has more than 10 years of design experience. Don’t fit your lifestyle to the house you inherited — turn it into your own home. Call for a free consultation.
Quality Work, Competitive Prices
DRAFTING SOLUTIONS LLC
contact // 352-2548
web // www.draftingsolutionshawaii.com