Portals of personality
Are you an introvert with an orange front door? If so, you’re sending mixed messages to your friends and neighbors. According to national color expert Kate Smith, you should try to match the color of your entry door with your personality to give guests a “preview” of the owner inside the home.
“An entry door painted a bold shade of orange says ‘I’m friendly, fun-loving and enjoy getting together with people,’ so that’s the color for an extrovert and perhaps not the best choice for someone who has a more reserved personality,” says Smith, president and chief color maven of Sensational Color. “Since the front door is the key feature on a house that offers homeowners the most flexibility in color choice, this is a good place for people to let their personality shine through.”
Smith suggests homeowners purchase smooth, paintable doors for their homes so they can select and add the color that best reflects their personality. “I love Classic-Craft® Canvas Collection® fiberglass entry doors from Therma-Tru,” says Smith. “You can paint these doors any hue you wish to express yourself while quickly adding a colorful accent to your home.”
According to Smith, here’s a look at what different paint colors on entry doors of the home say about the occupants inside:
• Red tells the world to “look at me!” This bright color says I’m not afraid of standing out or saying what’s on my mind.
• White says that I prefer things that are organized, neat and clean. Even if my home isn’t always this way, I wish it were!
• Green tells the world that you have traditional values and enjoy being a member of the community.
• Black says I’m consistent, conservative and reserved in my manner as well as my approach to color. With a black door I’m saying my design style is timeless rather than trendy.
• Blue tells people you are naturally at ease in most situations and have an easygoing personality.
• Yellow says you have a personality similar to green, but a bit less traditional. You’re most likely a leader or or-ganizer of a group.
• Purple reveals a “free spirited” person who is comfortable taking risks, thinking differently and dreaming big.
This article is courtesy of Home Improvement News and Information Center