Waterproof your roof this year
With more than 20 years of experience in Hawaii’s roofing and solar industry, Surface Shield Roofing’s Shon Gregory has seen the business change as materials and technologies are adapted to the needs and priorities of property owners.
“Our clients are becoming increasingly concerned with rising energy costs,” Gregory said. Because of our state’s dependence on imported oil, energy costs in Hawaii are the highest in the U.S., and the need to reduce the price of cooling a home or business has led to innovations.
“The market demands that we work with the latest materials and technologies because our clients want to save on their energy costs over the long term,” said Gregory.
“Cool roofing” is an approach that has a variety of cost and environmental benefits. Because such coatings are applied to existing roofing substrate, demolition that sends waste to a landfill is unnecessary. Also, buildings using cool roof materials and technologies can save up to 25 percent on energy costs.
Roof coatings are seamless, and when installed correctly, can solve roof leaks on almost any type of roof substrate. Field-applied reflective roof coatings can extend the useful life of most roof substrates, keeping the surface cool and providing a level of protection from the sun and weather. Roof coatings can also add 25-plus years to the service life of a roof.
Surface Shield uses a variety of roof coating products. Here are a few benefits of one of the highly efficient coatings used daily by the team:
• Ninety-five percent solid silicone contains no VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) that will evaporate into the air.
• Silicone coatings are the only non-sacrificial coatings available. Other coating systems will degrade with UV rays from the sun.
• Silicone coatings are capable of withstanding permanent ponding water, with no effect on the product.
• Silicone coatings will not support mold or mildew growth, nor will they blacken because of mold or mildew.
• Silicone coatings are fast-drying. In tropical climates, silicone is dry enough to walk on in two hours, so multiple coats can be applied in the same day.
• Silicone will not wash out. Rain, even a minute after application, will not compromise it.
Surface Shield also features solar PV services. This industry has been making headlines for some time now, and for good reason. Preparing for the future, and predicting the inevitable increase in electricity cost, are smart, responsible things to do for your home or business.
Surface Shield is proud to offer the best in roofing, waterproofing and solar energy. It offers sensible roof and solar PV packages for Hawaii’s home and business owners, providing workmanship warranties and reliability you’ll know you can depend on.
SURFACE SHIELD ROOFING
contact // 396-9599
web // www.surfaceshieldroofing.com