Easy home cleaning solutions
Juggling parenting duties and work obligations, not to mention household chores, is a lot for one person to take on and yet, moms like you do this every single day. So often you get caught up in all the busyness, you forget to set aside time to relax or just have some fun.
Follow these five easy cleaning solutions to efficiently maintain your beautiful home and open up more time to do the things you love.
1. Purge, purge, purge. While getting rid of broken appliances and barely worn clothes initially takes some time, the results are well worth it. After removing barely-used belongings, you’ll have less stuff to store, which prevents clutter from piling up and causing stress in the future.
When getting rid of junk, start in the area that contains the bulk of your possessions, such as the bedroom or hallway closets. Tackling the problem head-on and getting the worst part over with first will motivate you to complete the project.
2. Stress less about stains with a convenient carpet cleaner. When you have kids and/or pets, stains are just a part of life. That doesn’t mean, however, you have to let stains interfere with your schedule. A quality carpet cleaning solution, such as the STAINMASTER Carpet Care line, will lift away tough stains and ground-in dirt so they don’t take away from your home’s style. STAINMASTER Carpet Care products begin cleaning on contact to remove even the most stubborn stains, and each cleaning solution provides an invisible shield to repel dirt to protect against re-soiling. Problems with carpet odor? STAINMASTER Pet Stain Remover also removes odor and leaves behind a light, fresh scent.
3. Add a mud tray in the entryway. Every time you mop the entry-way floor, it seems to be dirty again in just a couple days. To keep your floors clean, and reduce the need for mopping, set up a mud tray to store dirty boots and shoes. Mud trays are often made of tough plastic, which means they are easy to hose off and keep clean. Plus, you can find stylish designs that fit in well with your welcoming home.
4. Always put belongings back in their designated spot. It’s easy to finish eating and say to yourself “I’ll put these dishes in the dishwasher later,” or, maybe you put off putting laundry away when you’re in a rush. But in a few days, small clutter can turn into a big mess. Pretty soon, you’ll be overwhelmed by the clothes scattered on the floor and the dishes covering the kitchen counter, and you’ll be forced to spend a good hour or two putting belongings away.
To avoid belongings from piling up, get in the habit of putting items away when you’re done with them. It might seem like a hassle at first, but this small change in your daily to-do list will have a big impact on your weekly cleaning routine.
5. Use extra wall space for storage. If lack of storage space is constantly causing clutter, take advantage of bare wall space to install shelves or hang belongings, like coffee cups or hats. This simple trick can enhance your home’s style and maximize storage without taking up floor space.
Don’t spend more time cleaning than you have to — new habits and a few superior products are all you need to streamline your routine and open up more time for fun.
This article is courtesy of Brandpoint.