Keeping older family members safe, injury-free
The saying, “Lucky we live Hawaii,” is a great one for good reason, as Hawaii has cleaner air, better water and the best weather in the world. It is one of the safest places to live and yes, the aloha spirit is alive and well. In addition to these benefits, people are living longer because of the following reasons:
• More information about eating healthier is available.
• Seniors are exercising more.
• There even is information on de-stressing activities like yoga and tai chi.
• Healthcare is available and better than ever.
While these reasons are important, there are other things seniors should be proactive about such as home safety. What most people don’t realize is that 68 percent of all seniors are injured while in the bathroom, with 82 percent of those happening while at home. As people get older, getting in and out of a bathtub is not just harder, it’s dangerous. Seniors should be proactive and shouldn’t wait until they are injured to solve the problems created by a fall, stroke or other health issues.
Here are a few reasons why:
• Anything you must do in construction costs more, and even more so if done in a hurry.
• Being proactive could prevent the fall or injury. Taking the right precautions adds quality years to your life and can save money.
• After injury, your quality of life is all of a sudden reduced in an instant.
• Unnecessary stress can enter life among family members with health issues.
There are endless reasons to treat yourself to a safe and comfortable bathroom and home. Don’t wait until the last minute to be proactive. Get started on that project that you have been putting off for years.
The best company to call is Tropical Windows & Siding Inc., which installs:
• Tub-to-shower conversions
• Walk-in tubs
• Handi-bars and other safety items
• Bench seats
• Complete bath remodels and home safety ideas
Visit the company’s showroom at 1351 S. Beretania St. Tropical Windows & Siding Inc. is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and has bathroom ideas for your home. Call owners Matt or Mike and they will personally help you design what you need. Best of all, the company is locally owned and operated. It has been serving Hawaii for more than 30 years with thousands of customers and continues to do the best job available. Tropical can install a regular conversion in two days and its prices are the best for the top-quality products.
For more information, contact Tropical Windows & Siding Inc. today.
TROPICAL WINDOWS & SIDING INC.
contact // 263-1252 (Windward) • 456-4892 (Leeward) • 593-2000 & 396-0971 (Honolulu)
address // 1352 S. Beretania St. (showroom)
web // twoahu.com