Hawaii Central Offers Unique PV Loan Special
Credit unions originated with the concept of “People Helping People.” Today that “people first” philosophy is the basis of the quality member service provided by Hawaii Central Federal Credit Union (HCFCU). HCFCU has been serving Hawaii for more than 75 years and recently converted to a community-based field of membership and is now available to all residents of Oahu.
At HCFCU, the staff is continually looking for innovative ways to help members achieve their financial goals and upgrade their lifestyles. The rising cost of electricity has many looking to Solar Photovoltaic (PV) systems for solutions.
Although it’s a money saver in the long run, a PV installation represents a significant upfront cost. To address the need for financing, HCFCU recently added a Solar Photovoltaic Loan Special to its menu of loan products. After reviewing the various types of solar financing that were available, the company took a different approach. Here’s what sets HCFCU’s Solar PV Loan Special apart from the rest:
• It does not require the use of your home’s equity. HCFCU’s PV loan program is offered as an Unsecured Personal Loan up to $50,000 rather than a Home Equity Line of Credit, which allows you to use the equity in your home for other improvements.
• You’ll get the best price for your PV system. Unlike the extremely low or 0 percent financing offered by some lenders, the HCFCU Solar PV Loan Special does not come with hidden fees or mark-ups to the consumer or the solar contractor, who in turn passes these costs on to the consumer by increasing the overall price of the PV system. Be sure to ask for “cash pricing” from your contractor. You could easily save thousands of dollars right from the start.
• Work with the solar contractor of your choice. It is important to work with a solar contactor you trust. HCFCU does not limit your choices and will work with your solar contractor.
• No payments are due for the first six months. (Interest will continue to accrue during that time). With no payments for six months, you can enjoy the benefits of your new PV system immediately.
• Loan officers are quick to respond. As a credit union, HCFCU is dedicated to providing the best service and the staff knows the importance of a fast turnaround. Responses are given in days, not weeks or months.
Owned and operated by its members, HCFCU owes its success and longevity to its loyal members and remains dedicated to providing quick personal service. For more information about Hawaii Central Federal Credit Union and its Solar PV Loan Special, call the Consumer Loan Department at 536-3677, visit 681 S. King St. or apply online at www.hccu.info. Hurry, as the PV Loan Special is only available for a limited time.
HCFCU is federally insured by NCUA. Certain restrictions apply.
HAWAII CENTRAL FEDERAL CREDIT UNION
contact // 536-3677
address // 681 S. King St.
web // www.hccu.info
Photos: Nathalie Walker