A Parade of New Leaders
The Building Industry Association of Hawaii (BIA-Hawaii) will present the 56th annual Parade of Homes during the open house weekends of Oct. 6-7 and Oct. 13-14. This premier, statewide showcase of new homes in Hawaii will educate consumers on the latest trends, technology and design innovations in residential construction.
The 2012 theme is “2012 Parade of Homes, A New Home Revolution” and the steering committee chairman is McKibbin Mist of Purchasing & Contracts Manager, Gentry Builders. The 2012 BIA-Hawaii president is Dean Asahina of Universal Construction Inc.
The following is a list of this year’s co-chairs:
• Judy Engkabo, Title Guaranty Escrow Services Inc.
• Elarka Yuen, Hi-Power Solar LLC
• Mary K. Flood, D.R. Horton-Schuler Homes LLC
• Cyd Kamakea, Honolulu Star-Advertiser
• Rick Hobson, Gentry Homes Ltd.
• Todd Niizawa, Central Pacific HomeLoans
• Gary Okimoto, Honolulu Wood Treating
• Jay Kadowaki, Jay Kadowaki Inc.
Gala and silent auction co-chairs
• Brooke Kaneshiro Peters, Wells Fargo Home Mortgage
• Carol Marx, Bank of Hawaii
• Laurie Lee, Pacific Island Realty LLC
Chartered in 1955, the Building Industry Association of Hawaii is a professional trade organization affiliated with the National Association of Home Builders, representing the building industry and its associates. The 500 members of BIA-Hawaii are developers, contractors, suppliers, Realtors, architects, financial institutions and a host of other professionals who serve the building industry. BIA-Hawaii takes a leadership role in unifying and promoting the interests of the industry to enhance the quality of life for the people of Hawaii. For more information, visit www.bia-hawaii.org.
Karen Nakamura is executive vice president /CEO of the Building Industry Association of Hawaii.
Picture: 2012 BIA Parade of Homes Steering Committee Chair McKibbin Mist