Big-impact, DIY updates that are affordable
A bathroom renovation is a highly desired home improvement, but many homeowners put it off due to the perceived cost. Fortunately, you don’t need a complete remodel to get the bathroom of your dreams — nor do you need to break the bank.
These six ideas for updating a bathroom will help you elevate the space and add value to your home without a high price tag:
• Lighting: There are three main types of lighting: ambient, task and accent. Ambient provides overall lighting, task helps you perform a function, and accent highlights certain features. You may not have all of these in the bathroom, but you can enhance functionality by evaluating existing lighting and updating if necessary. For example, new task lighting might help you get ready in the morning. If lighting is adequate, simply update fixtures for a fresh look.
• Faucet: A focal point of the bathroom, the faucet is often overlooked. Replacing a faucet is one of the most affordable ways to refresh the look of the bathroom. Check out the Studio S bathroom faucet collection if you want to add a modern touch to your bathroom without hurting your wallet.
• Paint: It’s amazing how color can transform a space. If you want to make a big impact without much investment, you can’t go wrong with paint.
Remember to choose a paint appropriate for the bathroom environment, where it can be more humid. Mold and mildew-resistant options are a smart choice. When considering paint and supplies, don’t forget to look up and tackle the ceiling, too. The visual impact of a freshly coated ceiling is undeniable.
• Toilet: Is your toilet dated and constantly dirty? Consider a new affordable upgrade that makes cleaning a breeze.
The VorMax Plus self-cleaning toilet from American Standard cleans and freshens the toilet bowl with every flush, offering an effortless cleaning experience. The self-cleaning technology has been independently verified to clean the bowl two times better than conventional toilets, so enjoy putting those rubber gloves away for a while because your throne will be fit for a king or queen.
• Hardware: Subtle details in a bathroom can tie the room together, just like the perfect necktie or necklace makes an outfit. By updating the hardware and other extras that make a space functional, you’ll also be modernizing the style, which will instantly breathe new life into a tired space.
Try replacing the knobs and handles on the vanity. Get a new shower rod and curtain. Update the towel rack to match and add some fresh linens. It doesn’t cost much but provides a change you’ll instantly appreciate.
• Shower: Are you longing for a new shower space but think it’s too difficult or expensive to upgrade? The GROHE Retro-fit Shower System is the perfect option for replacing your old shower because it installs quickly and there’s no need to get behind the wall. It works with your existing plumbing setup, so you can save time and money. Its simple installation process means less chaos, and you’ll get to enjoy your new shower faster.
Updating your bathroom and staying on budget is possible with affordable enhancements that instantly transform a space. From budget-friendly paint to easy-to-install shower systems, many options can breathe new life into your bathroom, adding touches of style, convenience and luxury.
This article is courtesy of Brandpoint.