Loan firm can help you build a brighter future
Should you build your home? CU Network Services (NMLS# 375459) will help you decide by listing the pros and cons of doing so.
Pros of building your home
• Starting new: Because your house will be brand new, you won’t have to worry about big maintenance issues, such as termite damage, leaky roofs, or worn facilities.
• Customization: You can design your own house and personalize details such as the layout, cabinets, flooring, sinks, lighting, paint colors, and door knobs. However, remember that customizations can increase the cost of the house.
• Modern features: Newer houses tend to be more energy efficient and have up-to-date technology.
•Less competition: With America’s booming real estate market, the average time an existing home stays on the market is now 29 days, according to the National Association of Realtors (NAR). Because homes are being sold so quickly, buying a home now entails competition with other homebuyers. However, you won’t have to deal with this competition if you build your own home.
Cons of building your home
• Waiting period: Constructing a new home takes an average of seven months, according to NAR. Hence, your new home won’t be available during then, and you’ll have to find another place to live and maybe even rent another place.
• Burglary risks: Because of less surveillance and physical protection (e.g. fencing), construction sites are vulnerable to burglary.
• Closing costs and purchase price: Unlike buying a home, building a home has less leeway on closing costs and purchase price.
•Additional expenses: Upgrades can increase the home price, and post-close costs can include landscaping and blinds.
If you want to build your home, CU Network Services can help as the company has helped many families build their homes. Call 529-4599 for a no-obligation appointment or stop by the office at 715 S. King St., Ste. 100.
CU NETWORK SERVICES
ADDRESS 715 S. King St., Ste. 100, Honolulu