Add safety to your bathroom
The popular phrase, “Lucky we live Hawaii,” is perfectly accurate when considering the Islands’ clean air, delicious water and ideal weather conditions. Hawaii is definitely one of the safest places to live and yes, the Aloha spirit is alive and well.
In addition to these benefits, people are living longer because of the following reasons:
• More information about eating healthier is available.
• Seniors are exercising more.
• De-stressing activities like yoga and Tai Chi.
• Healthcare is available and better than ever.
While these things are important, there are other topics seniors should be proactive about, including home safety. What most people don’t realize is that 68 percent of all seniors are injured while in the bathroom — and 82 percent of the time it happens right at home. As people get older, getting in and out of a bathtub is not just harder, it’s dangerous. Seniors should be proactive and shouldn’t wait until they are injured to solve the problems created by a fall, stroke or other health issues.
Here are a few reasons why:
• Anything you must do in construction costs more, and even more so if done in a hurry.
• Being proactive may have prevented the fall or injury. Taking the right precautions adds quality years to your life and can save money.
• Your quality of life is all of a sudden reduced in an instant.
• Unnecessary stress can enter life among family members.
There are endless reasons to obtain a safe and comfortable bathroom and home. Don’t wait until the last minute to be proactive. Get started on that project that you have been putting off for years. The best company to call is Tropical Wholesale Baths. The company installs: 1) Tub-to-shower conversions 2) Walk-in tubs 3) Handi-bars and other safety items 4) Bench seats 5) Complete bath remodels and home safety ideas
And if you can’t picture what you want or need, visit the showroom located at 1351 S. Beretania St. Tropical Wholesale Baths is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and has bathroom ideas for your home. Call Matt or Mike Houar, owners of Tropical, and they will personally help you design what you need.
Best of all, Tropical is locally owned and operated. It has been serving Hawaii for more than 30 years with thousands of Hawaii customers and continues to do the best job available.
TROPICAL WHOLESALE BATHS
contact // 263-1252 (Windward) • 456-4892 (Leeward) 593-2000 and 396-0971 (Honolulu)
address // 1351 S. Beretania St. (showroom)
web // twoahu.com