An Amazing Journey in Building a Home for Life
Graham Builders helps Hawaii Kai family accomplish their dream
This is the third in a three-part series
Over the past several months, Graham Builders has brought you the story of the Nelson-Keller family’s unique, energy-efficient home in Hawaii Kai. After razing Alan Nelson’s childhood home, the couple focused on creating a design that features truly spectacular ocean-inspired design elements that pay tribute to their waterfront surroundings.
The Nelson-Kellers are busy working with Graham Builders to put the final touches on the new floor, lay tiling and install cabinets. We got an up close look at their stained lattice work wood trim on the exterior in addition to the unique rain screen system for added ventilation.
“My dream is now becoming a reality,” said Cyndi Nelson. “I’m imagining sitting on our new lanai with a glass of wine while looking out onto the Marina. I’m so pleased we chose Graham Builders, as they have become like family as we traveled this journey together.”
When looking to build new or embark on a large renovation, homeowners should choose a company that:
• Is known for using high-quality materials and doing great quality work.
• Works hard, pays attention to details and doesn’t cut corners.
• Has people you can trust/communicate with.
• Has community spirit and a true passion for giving back to the people of Hawaii.
•Is family oriented, local and friendly.
• Has a staff that treats you with care, addresses each of your inquiries as important and confirms that your feedback is critical in the construction process.
• Has experience in guiding families with tailoring a home that meets their individual and unique needs.
• Listens to you and understands that sometimes you might feel really scared about the big decisions you have to make.
• Proves it can build better than just a cookie-cutter home.
• Has a long-standing history of sharing knowledge and education about the design+build process.
Visit the Nelson-Keller home on Saturday, Sept. 15 from 1 to 4 p.m during a free builders open house and talk story with the Graham Builders team to learn more about their work.
Meanwhile, homeowners can also attend Graham Builders’ upcoming free “Building Your Home for Life” seminar on Saturday, Sept. 29 from 9 to 11 a.m. at the Honolulu Country Club. Reservations are required for the seminar and can be made at www.grahambuilders.com or by calling 593-2808.
contact // 593-2808
address // 1144 Young St.
web // www.grahambuilders.com