Simple projects for freshening up your residence
Looking for some easy ways to breathe new life into your home?
Whether it’s the air inside or the decor itself, freshening things up can make your home look and feel more welcoming at any time of year. You don’t need a lot of time or money to reinvigorate your home; just a few simple and affordable, yet high-impact DIY projects will do the trick.
Here are a few projects you can easily accomplish in a single weekend:
• Paint an accent wall, trim or ceiling. Decorators often say painting is one of the easiest and most affordable ways to freshen your home’s appearance. You don’t have to redo an entire room in order to leverage the freshening power of paint. Simply painting a single accent wall for a pop of color, using paint to create graphic wall art, or repainting the trim or ceiling will create a whole new look. If you’re looking for inspiration or simple solutions to help seamlessly transform your space, Dutch Boy Paint offers unique project ideas and easy-to-follow how-tos that will make the process a breeze.
• Add some indoor greens. Plants not only make a room look bright and homey, their ability to filter carbon dioxide and other airborne pollutants can help make your home smell fresher, too.
• Don’t Forget about your furry family members. You may love your pets, but the truth is they can contribute to a stuffy atmosphere in your home. Wash pet bedding, litter boxes and cloth toys regularly. Contain pet clutter by placing your pup’s or kitty’s toys in a pretty basket where he or she can reach them.
• Give your kitchen some TLC. Like most, you probably spend a lot of time in your kitchen. However, you don’t need to do a complete makeover to give your kitchen a fresh look. Start by decluttering countertops and dropping some lemon rinds down the garbage disposal. Next, replace dated cabinet hardware with new handles, knobs and pulls. Adding in a faucet in a contemporary finish will go a long way too; as a focal point of the kitchen, it will help tie everything together in a subtle way.
• Upgrade your entryway. The front door is one of the first things visitors notice. If yours is old, worn and outdated, replacing it with a new one can be an easy, cost-effective way to improve the appearance of your home’s exterior. Even if your door is in good shape, painting it a bright, appealing color can make your home’s facade look fresher and more inviting.
Freshening around the home doesn’t have to be a seasonal project. With a few simple steps, you can create a new look and feel in and around your home at any time of year. For more on these products and inspiration for your next paint project, visit dutchboy.com
This article is courtesy of Brandpoint.