‘Akamai’ way to get rid of pests
By Jackie Perreira
Akamai Pest Solutions has gone green — or orange, rather. As a company dedicated to always providing the best for its customers, its primary means of pest control is an organic product named XT2000 Orange Oil Plus. Owner Roger Meints chose this method because it is not only safer for homes and businesses, but for the environment as well.
Akamai means “smart” in Hawaiian, which makes sense for Akamai Pest Solutions. As Meints explained, “We are the smarter, safer alternative.” Indeed, the company’s XT2000 Orange Oil Plus is made out of distilled orange rinds, making it 95 percent pure orange oil, the other 5 percent being pulp water. It contains no additives and has revolutionized pest control.
Compared to fumigation, orange oil offers countless benefits to home and business owners. The product is harmless, meaning home and business owners no longer have to vacate the premises or worry about lingering harmful gasses. The hassles of bagging every single consumable item in the home (food and even makeup) and hiring a security guard to stand watch are all avoided with orange oil.
Oftentimes, one of the most worrisome parts of fumigating is having to sign a waiver stating that the company is not liable for any roof, gutter or solar panel damage after treatment. With XT2000 Orange Oil Plus, no waiver is needed. The product can be installed by simply injecting the oil into problem areas while you are home. No tenting is necessary, either.
Akamai Pest Solutions also has stayed up-to-date in termite technology by investing in Termatrac, a device that allows them to see inside of your wood for termite movement.
“We have been using that since last year and I think it’s tremendous as far as what our crews can do, especially in a cabinet area. Sometimes because cabinets have so many different compartments, it can be difficult to get in there and get everything. But with Termatrac you can pinpoint exactly where it’s (termites) at. It’s really a great addition to what we were already doing,” said branch manager Ronda Galimba.
Akamai Pest Solutions offers both ground and dry-wood treatment along with warranties. For ground termite treatment, the length of the warranty varies from one to five years, depending on what sort of chemical was needed for treatment.
For drywood treatment, the warranty spans two years with the option of renewing it annually. Every year under that warranty, Akamai Pest Solutions will inspect your home and immediately take care of any new problems.
Akamai Pest Solutions suggests you call the company if you notice any of the following: termite droppings, significant groups of termites or wood damage. The safest way to identify termite activity is to call for an inspection.
AKAMAI PEST SOLUTIONS
contact // 754-3393 • 693-PEST(7378)
web // akamaipestsolutions.com