Refresh your home this season
While cleaning this spring might not be as much fun as grilling burgers out on the deck, it’s pretty much a necessity. But this year’s cleaning doesn’t have to be a daunting or scary task. These simple projects can help you get started.
• Clean the blinds. Instead of simply dusting, give your curtains, blinds and drapes a deeper clean. Remove them from the walls and wash them thoroughly — according to manufacturer instructions — before rehanging them. This also is a great opportunity to inspect their hanging apparatus for repairs or for any tightening that needs to be done.
• Re-caulk your kitchen and bathroom. Since kitchens and bathrooms are high-traffic areas with high exposure to water and moisture, you may have noticed a build-up of mold, mildew, dirt and stains on the caulk. Simply remove the old material caulk, thoroughly clean the area to remove any dirt or residue, then re-caulk with DAP Kwik Seal Ultra Sealant. Backed by a lifetime mold and mildew resistance guarantee, Kwik Seal Ultra is a premium siliconized kitchen and bath sealant that repels water, liquids, soap scum, stains and dirt.
• Clean your refrigerator’s drain coils and pan. Dust can collect on your refrigerator’s coils and mold can grow in the drain pan. To clean the coils, first identify where they are. In some refrigerators the coils are on the back while other units feature the coils on the bottom. Clean the coils with a vacuum or soft brush and replace the plate. Then, remove the drain pan and scrub it using hot, soapy water and a sponge or brush. Dry completely before replacing.
• Seal out pests, dirt and drafts.
Unwanted pests and drafts can sneak in through gaps and cracks around pipes, ducts, vents and baseboards. Be sure to check around your home, inside and out, especially in basements, attics and garages. Use a caulk or sealant to seal up gaps half an inch or less.
• Refresh your floors. Whether you have carpet, wood or tile, a thorough cleaning will give flooring a much-needed refresh. Applying a fresh coat of wax to wood or sealant to tile will help lock-in the new look. If waxing, make sure to match your floor type for the best results.
Rather than put off the annual spring cleaning ritual — embrace it. By performing a few basic tasks, you’ll be able to enjoy your home in a refreshing style that you and your family deserve. To learn more about Kwik Seal Ultra and other DAP Products, visit dap.com.
This article is courtesy of Brandpoint.