Sealing the deal with a new roof
A large number of Hawaii’s homeowners have concrete roofing tile systems, popularly known as Monier Tile. Throughout the years, there have been some changes in the ownership of the previous company known as Monier-LifeTile LLC.
This company was acquired by Boral in July of 2010, and is now known as Boral Roofing. Homeowners with MonierLifeTile, aka “Monier Tile,” will not see any disruption in their manufacturer’s material warranty nor the versatility of colors and superior concrete or clay tile products provided. However, in today’s market, Monier Tile sold as new roofing systems by Surface Shield Roofing is referred to as Boral Tile.
There is an abundance of advantages for homeowners with concrete roofing tiles, including, but not limited to, aesthetic appeal, energy efficiency and durability. Concrete roofing tiles are ideal for coastal locations that endure the wind, spray and salt of the ocean.
All concrete roof tiles are salt-safe and will not corrode over time. Investing in a new concrete tile roofing system can be a financial investment ranging from $10 to $13 per linear foot.
An alternative to re-roofing your existing concrete tile roofing is the use of an energy-efficient coating system that has the ability to increase the longevity of your roofing substrate, as well as upgrade its aesthetic appeal after years of exposure to the elements. An affordable alternative to re-roofing is a tile restoration, which has a financial investment ranging from $3 to $4 per linear foot.
Restoring your concrete tile roofing system with a high-quality coating, such as Reflect-Tech manufactured by Tex-Cote, can add 10 years or more to the life of your existing roofing system. Reflect-Tech comes in an array of colors, and makes it easy for the homeowner to match the existing color scheme of their home.
Reflect-Tech also boasts a high-reflectivity quality, depending on the homeowner’s color choice. Owner Shon Gregory just restored his concrete tile roofing system using the Reflect-Tech restoration system.
“It’s noticeably more beautiful, and it aligns with our new color scheme, since we’ve painted our home,” Gregory said. “It was fast and only took a few days to get the project done. The guys were in and out.”
Why you should consider re-roofing:
• It fully will handle any existing leaks, preventing any damage to the interior of the home or building.
• It eliminates the hassle of trying to match old tiles to something new.
• It creates a perfect opportunity to improve the insulation and ventilation of your roof space.
• It adds value to your home.
• It’s an opportunity to update the look of your home as part of a makeover. The roof can make up to 30 percent of your home’s facade, so it has a major bearing on the overall look.
Why you should consider re-coating:
• It adds an additional layer of protection to your existing tile roofing system.
• It enhances the reflectivity of your existing substrate. (Note: A Monier Tile restoration may not eliminate leaks).
• It changes the appearance of the existing substrate, i.e. color.
If you don’t have a concrete tile roof, but are considering re-roofing or changing your current substrate, tile is the one of the best options for coastal living. Here’s why:
• Concrete roof tiles are salt-safe. They will not rust, warp or corrode.
• They keep you cool and comfortable in your home all year, while helping save money and the environment through energy savings.
Upon contacting Surface Shield Roofing, a qualified company estimator will be dispatched to provide an on-site roof inspection to:
• Check for any cracked tiles, displacement of tiles or build-up of debris.
• Check old cement mortar bedding.
• Check flashings, gutters and downspouts.
• Check for sufficient ventilation to remove hot or damp air.
• Assess and inform the homeowner of the need to replace individual tiles, re-coat or re-roof.
Ask yourself if you should re-roof or restore your concrete roofing tile system. Surface Shield Roofing can help you with that decision. The company is a local, family-owned and operated, full-service roofing contractor providing service to the Islands for the last seven years. Surface Shield Roofing prides itself in the ability to offer an array of full roofing systems, including concrete tile, asphalt shingles, metal and energy-efficient coating systems. Company estimators provide homeowners with the roofing system that best suits their aesthetic desires and functionality needs. Call today for your estimate.
SURFACE SHIELD ROOFING
contact // 739-9599
email // firstname.lastname@example.org
web // surfaceshieldroofing.com