Make these new habits stick
Town & Country Builders LLC is a licensed, general contracting and design-build firm that has been serving Oahu residents for the past 35 years. The company specializes in custom and package homes, remodels, additions, designer kitchens and bathrooms, Americans With Disability Act modifications/improvements, as well as multigenerational homes and full construction services in planning and permitting.
Because people are forever relying on procedures and thought processes that have been passed down from generation to generation, it’s often difficult to think outside the box and come up with creative ways to design and construct with cost-saving measures in mind. An example would be to construct a bathroom addition in close proximity of the existing sewer tie-in to mitigate costs, instead of placing the new bathroom on the other side of the home and having to saw-cut and demolish part of a driveway to tie it in.
There are six habits that can be applied when considering the new project and working with a contractor.
• No. 1: Be proactive. Have grace under stress. What construction project is not stressful? You can fight it or dance with the rhythm of life. It’s your choice. Don’t let the events set the agenda.
• No. 2: Begin each project with the end in mind. You have been thinking through the project for some time now, surely you have a picture of the finished project. It’s all about your vision.
• No. 3: Put first things first. Realize that you are in charge and you recognize that not doing everything that comes along is OK. It’s about life management on a dayto-day basis.
• No. 4: Think win-win. The homeowner and contractor can both win in a building relationship. It’s about meeting on common ground if an issue arises.
• No. 5: Don’t forget to communicate. Seek first to understand, then to be understood.
• No. 6: Synergize. Work together because not one of two is as smart as both of two. Above all, relax and have fun. Someone’s sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree 10 years ago.
For assistance with your next project or to obtain a recommendation for design, call the professionals at 737-7766 or visit the website townandcountrybuildersllc.net.
Town & Country Builders is a member of Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating, a certified remodeler, winner of the Excellence in Customer Satisfaction Award for 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014, member of the National Association of Home Builders and Hawaii Building Industry Association, as well as winner of the 2014 and 2015 Best of Honolulu Award in the General Contractor category.
TOWN & COUNTRY BUILDERS LLC
contact // 737-7766
web // townandcountrybuildersllc.net