Create a personal, relaxing outdoor oasis
The wildly popular outdoor-living trend has inspired homeowners across the country to add value and comfort to their properties by revitalizing their backyards. By adding a few key elements, you can transform any yard into a stunning retreat that is ideal for spending more time outdoors.
• Add natural elements. The visual components that make up your outdoor space dramatically affect the emotion it conveys. To create a relaxing atmosphere, add low-maintenance touches that reflect Mother Nature. Try blending softer elements, such as containers of flowers, with hardscape elements, like landscape rocks. Because real rock can be expensive and difficult to move, opt for Fiberlite Landscape Rocks that are light, affordable and hand-painted for a realistic appearance.
• Increase comfort. To make your outdoor spaces comfortable, think about how you’ll be using it most often. For entertaining, you’ll want to add a table, chairs and umbrella for dining al fresco. If you’ll be relaxing solo most often, set up a plush chair and comfortable accents like blankets and pillows. If you have a garden or large yard, create meditative spaces with strategically placed chairs or benches for quiet contemplation.
• Eliminate the negative. Utility boxes, air-conditioning units, HVAC compressors and hoses are necessary, but these items are eyesores that detract from the ambience of an outdoor space. Fortunately, it’s easy to conceal unsightly yard features with vinyl outdoor fencing from Outdoor Essentials. This durable decorative fencing hides the negative while adding a decorative accent that is visually appealing.
• Create solace with sound. Sound is a key consideration that can help the space feel like a true escape. That’s why adding a water feature is an excellent investment. A burbling water fountain is a beautiful decorative piece that also provides a soothing sound. Wind chimes are another option for adding serene sound to outdoor areas.
• Create attractive focal points. Whether you plan to grow vivid blooming flowers or scrumptious vegetable plants, you can transform your garden into a gorgeous focal point in your yard with a raised bed. Outdoor Essentials’ vinyl raised garden beds frame and raise your garden masterpieces for easier access, while also simultaneously providing a stunning focus within the yard.
While these steps will transform your backyard into a peaceful sanctuary, make sure to incorporate personal touches to make the space feel like your own. That way when you step outside your door, you’ll feel like you’ve entered a personalized oasis.
This article is courtesy of Brandpoint.