Fixing lanais for usable spaces
Converting your lanai into a usable living space is an affordable renovation that can increase the value of your home at a reasonable investment of $100-$125 per square foot. After you have received your free estimate and signed your contract, the conversion begins.
• Acquire proper building permits. Building permits are acquired from the state, and homeowners — who already have plans handy — can save time on this step.
• Enhance structural integrity with additional footing. This item only occurs if the beams supporting your lanai aren’t suitable to bear the weight of the new renovation. Your estimator will identify this factor during your free estimate.
• Structure support beams/posts. After the structure is sound, United Pacific Builders’ professionals construct the “skeleton” of your new room by installing support and structural beams.
• Floor and windows insulation. The team then lays the insulation and support system for your flooring system, as well as installs selected windows.
• Exterior wall installation and roof. Now that you have a skeleton of a room, the walls are installed on the exterior, including the wood panels for the roofing system. Ideally, United Pacific Builders works simultaneously with a local roofing crew to ensure a quick and cohesive job. United Pacific Builders also goes above and beyond to ensure that this addition matches your existing structure.
• Electrical wiring. Prior to starting work on the inside, electrical wiring is done by a licensed electrician, to fit the needs of the homeowner. This is outlined in your proposal.
• Interior walls. Interior walls are then installed using materials specified by the homeowner. United Pacific Builders typically uses sheet rock for this portion of the installation. Once installed, it is mudded and sanded to remove blemishes. Texture also is sprayed if the homeowner specifies.
• Paint. Lanais are painted with colors specified by the homeowner.
• Finished floor product installation. The final touch is the installation of baseboards and a finished flooring product picked out by the homeowner.
• Decorate. United Pacific Builders’ job is done and the homeowners can enjoy decorating their lanais however they please. There’s no job too big or small for United Pacific Builders. Get ready to have fun creating more space in your life. Call today for a free estimate at 366-0575. United Pacific Builders also is licensed, bonded and insured.
* Pricing is subject to change based on upgrades, appliance and materials.
UNITED PACIFIC BUILDERS
contact // 366-0575
web // upbhawaii.com