A gift to last a lifetime
Mother’s day is coming soon! What are you going to do this year? Buy more flowers? The problem with flowers is they only last a few days and they’re gone. Why not think of a gift that is functional, everlasting and one that Mom can enjoy for years to come. Here are a few ideas you may want to consider, and where you can go to go to find them.
• Rain chains, artistic downspouts.
They drain water to the ground from your gutter like a water fall, not to mention they are beautiful and sound great. Rain chains make a terrific and unique gift – every home is improved by these elegant outdoor accessories, and they are easy to install.
• Bamboo water spouts. Bamboo accented adjustable spouts, priced at $30 -$65, are available in four sizes to fit nearly any diameter container. These come nicely packaged and complete with tiny pumps, and they turn any container into a fountain. Each spout is expertly crafted using a crack-resistant bamboo and coated with an anti-mold finish (pumps are included).
• Garden ornaments. Choose from assorted little concrete creatures, starting from $14.95, which include frogs, turtles, kittens, mushroom men, Buddha statues (small to 19 inches), forest men, tikis and more.
• Birdbaths and fountains. There is a variety to choose from, starting at $100, while all fountains also are self-contained and complete with pumps.
• Japanese bowl fountains. You will find self-contained lightweight bowls, complete with pumps and good to use indoors and outdoors, also perfect for lanais. Beautiful cast stone bowls of all sizes also are available to use alone as a bubbling fountain rock or with the bamboo water spouts.
• Japanese lanterns. There are traditional lanterns of all sizes, from very small to large, to suit your garden or lanai area.
• Also, consider garden benches, moss rock stepping-stones, petroglyphs, bagged river rock and more at Big Rock.
The gift ideas above are just a few of some perfect Mother’s Day gifts you can find at Honolulu’s one-stop garden-goodies and cast stone veneer shop, located in Mapunapuna. Big Rock manufactures all of the
Hawaiian cast stones in-shop. The company has been making Hawaii “rock” for more than three decades, and is famous for it, since there is no other place like it! Visit Big Rock and buy Mom a gift she will remember and cherish for years to come!
BIG ROCK HAWAII
contact // 834-7625
address // 1050 Kikowaena Place
web // www.bigrockhawaii.com