Experts share roofing knowledge
It’s that time of year again. The winter rains are starting to abate and you may be thinking about how to fix the leaks in your old roof. Whether you want to do it yourself, or have a contractor do it for you, this is the time to attend the Cool Roof Store Sale and Hands on Demo, so that you never have to reroof again.
On Saturday, March 14, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., The Cool Roof Store — in conjunction with Leakmaster Roofing — will show you everything you need to know about your roof.
This year the company has a special guest speaker from NXT Cool Coat who will tell you about all the new advances in roof coating materials. For that day only, there will be a big discount on all NXT products, as well as some old favorites.
If you don’t know much about your roof, don’t worry. There will be experts on hand that can even figure out how big your roof is by using Google Earth. All they need is your address.
Come early for a good seat to the sale and demo, or attend the “Getting Started” Seminar at noon.
• Getting Started Seminar. This is a big event that everyone arrives early for, and it is often hard to find a seat. You may get there for the 9 a.m. presentation, or don’t cut your breakfast short and come for the exact same presentation at noon.
Throughout the entire day there will be experts available for the following demonstrations:
• Flat Roof Demo. What are the four most common mistakes applicators make? How long do I need to wait between coats? When do I need a primer? How much top coat will I need?
• Metal Roof Seminar. How do I know if my metal roof is too far gone to coat? What is the best metal primer for my roof? Is there something I can do to cover up rust holes? Do I need to put roof tape over the horizontal and vertical seams?
• Monier Tile Seminar.When do I use the penetrating primer versus the concrete primer? Do I need to replace cracked Monier tiles, or can I repair them? What do I do about my missing concrete grout along the ridge tiles?
• Asphalt Shingle Seminar.Why do people say you can’t coat shingle roofs? Why do you use so much Super Roof Primer on your roof? What colors will blend in best with my neighborhood? Should I coat my roof before or after PV Solar installations?
Also, bring any photos and measurements of your roof so the experts can calculate exactly how much coating you will need.
COOL ROOF STORE
contact // 591-1900
address // 575 Cooke St.
web // www.coolroofstore.net