Servicing rooftops with the best
Metal roofs have increased in popularity over the years and may even be considered the “Cadillac” of roofing systems. There are now various numbers of different system types and finishes, which have allowed metal roofs to become more popular in today’s market. Still on the fence about metal roofing systems for your home? Surface Shield Roofing Company is here to help.
Why would you buy a metal roof?
If you care about the aesthetics and value of your home, installing a metal roof, which will keep a fresh look over the long term, will not only make your home more beautiful, but also more valuable. This is an enticing option for homeowners who may even look to sell their property at some point.
Metal roofing is reliable and has very specific benefits such as low-weight and interlocking panels, which make it durable in severe weather. This is an ideal choice for Hawaii as we are often prone to high winds, hurricanes, hail, blazing sun and the occasional earthquake.
Metal roofing systems can also be installed over existing roofing material if your home is older and if you would like to avoid a costly repair bill.
Is my home suited for a metal roofing system?
Most metal roofing systems work best on homes that have a pitch of at least 3:12, but there are metal options for homeowners with lower-pitched roofing systems too — although these options are limited. The condition of your existing roofing system will determine whether roofing over it is a viable option. Surface Shield Roofing Company’s staff can provide you with sample warranties and review with you the specifications of your home’s structure to ensure that a metal roofing system is the best fit for your home and your budget. Homeowners who have solar fans, skylights or any other roof protrusions need not worry as metal roofing systems can be flashed to make your home leak-proof around the protrusions.
What are the advantages of having a metal roofing system?
According to the Metal Roofing Alliance, there are numerous advantages to installing a metal roofing system including, but not limited to:
• Aluminum is often preferred as a roofing material substrate in heavy salt-spray environments because it is durable and maintenance-free.
• Metal roofs are lightweight, less than 1/3 of the weight of asphalt, 1/20 the weight of concrete and are available in a wide variety of styles and custom colors.
• A metal roofing system is minimally comprised of 25 percent recycled material, which makes it a green building product.
• Standing Seam is an ideal platform for integrating solar electric and solar thermal renewable energy solutions.
• Current metal roofing products have coatings available that prevent 75 to 80 percent of the sun’s energy from being absorbed into the roof.
• A metal roof won’t rot, crack, crumble, split, break or burn, enhancing its longevity as opposed to other roofing materials.
Warranty Options Available:
Depending on the manufacturer, the material warranties for metal roofing systems range from 30 years to limited lifetime (this, commonly in reference to the finish or coating product applied to the metal).
Surface Shield Roofing Company is a locally owned and family-operated, full-service roofing company serving Hawaii for the last seven years. The company has a highly trained workforce that can help you decide what roof is the best choice for your home. Surface Shield Roofing Company will provide you with an on-site evaluation of your existing structure and a quote so that you can make an informed decision without delay.
Call us today for your free estimate at 739-9599. Also come visit us at the Building Industry Association’s Home Building and Remodeling Show at the Blaidsdell Jan. 23-25.
SURFACE SHIELD ROOFING COMPANY
contact // 739-9599
email // firstname.lastname@example.org