All you need to know about silicone coatings
If you look up the word “silicone”, you will be amazed at all of the things you didn’t know. For your roof, applying a silicone coating is a miracle with qualities unlike any other. These qualities include:
• Low-thermal conductivity. Your roof stays cool even in the high heat of summer.
• Does not chalk or “sacrifice” over time like acrylics do under the Hawaiian sun.
• Low-chemical reactivity. Not bothered by environmental oils and grease that land on the roof. On commercial roofs, this includes grease overflow from grease vents.
• Low toxicity. Silicone is even safely used in many medical and food processes.
• Thermal stability (constancy of properties over a wide temperature range of −100 to 250 °C).
• The ability to repel water and form water-tight seals. Silicone roof coatings can take on unlimited ponding water without peeling up.
• Does not support microbiological growth, so destructive mildew growth never takes root and can be easily washed off.
• Resistance to oxygen, ozone and ultraviolet (UV) light. This feature has led to widespread use of silicones in the construction industry.
In the past, roofers have used water-based acrylic coatings to seal up roofs. They last for a while, but ultimately, ponding water, mildew and the sun’s UV rays break down the roof, and soon it needs to be recoated.
Leakmaster Roofing’s Cool Roof Store is now introducing its new CRS Silicone roof coating to Hawaii. Unlike some silicones on the market, it is 96 percent solids (instead of 69 percent) so you get a thicker dry-mil coverage. The new coating only requires one-coat application, as opposed to two, which cuts labor in half. It also is the first silicone roof coating that is fully approved to go over asphalt shingles, when applied as directed.
CRS Silicone roof coating comes in three stock colors: bright white, tan and gray. White is the most popular for flat roofs, due to its excellent reflectivity, while tan and gray are popular on shingle roofs when you may want to blend into the neighborhood’s color scheme. All colors have excellent durability and come with a 20-year Material Warranty. The Cool Roof Store is introducing this amazing coating at a very competitive price in the market. Do it once and forget about it.
COOL ROOF STORE
contact // 591-1900
address // 575 Cooke St.
web // www.coolroofstore.net