Turn your house into a home
Whether looking out to a private garden from your master bathroom, talking story with your kids in your kitchen or turning your carport into a garage, everyone’s priorities and lifestyles are different — and will change. But that is the difference between a home and a house.
Turning a house into a home can be as simple as hanging family photos and painting that stark-white wall to teal, or as complex as a second story addition with a balcony deck overlooking the beach you played on as a kid. Here are a few hints to help with your renovation:
• Prioritize the space needs that fit your lifestyle.
• Set up a manageable budget and stick to it.
• Ensure the spaces in your home are optimally used. Excess is never good.
• Ensure your structure — foundation and roof — is sound by hiring a professional or certified home inspector.
• Apply for applicable building permits.
• Be cost-effective, but use good quality materials.
• Use eco-friendly materials when you can.
If you are in need of some additional help or permit documents, hire a designer that is qualified to do the job and understands what you need. A designer will:
• Go over your priorities with you and help you weigh out any tough decisions.
• Advise and design to meet your budget.
• Ensure design meets current building codes.
• Help you attain your building permit.
Drafting Solutions LLC has more than 10 years of design experience. Don’t try to fit your lifestyle to the house you inherited from its last owner — turn it into your own home. Call 352-2548 for a free consultation.
DRAFTING SOLUTIONS LLC
contact // 352-2548
web // www.draftingsolutionshawaii.com