Spruce ups for your home spaces
Many people set goals for ways to improve themselves, but have you ever thought of setting a goal to refresh your home in a way that will have your friends talking?
Setting a home improvement goal is more common than you may think, and you can make a dramatic improvement to your home with a complete remodel. Here are a few ideas to get you going.
• A fresh coat of paint. Nothing reinvents a room like a fresh coat of paint. Yet many people put off painting a room because they can’t afford professional painters, and they don’t have time to do the job themselves. But you can achieve that professional quality finish at a fraction of the time and cost by visiting RentalHQ.com and renting your own paint sprayer.
• Change hardware. Faucets and cabinet hardware can quickly date a room. Replacing hardware can add beauty to your kitchen without adding a lot of extra cost. Do this for any furniture, and in any room, for an instant decor facelift.
• Replace old tile. Outdated tile can make a bathroom look old and dull. Replacing it with new tile that is in style will give the space a rich, modern look. Tiling is a DIY project that anyone can tackle with the right tools. Rent the necessary items like a tile stripper, a tile saw and a mortar mixer to keep your costs down.
• Update curtains and blinds. New window treatments offer an inexpensive way to introduce bold color and patterns for an instant refresh. Pair your new curtains with decorative throw pillows for a striking impact.
• Recreate your flooring. If your carpet doesn’t need to be replaced but it could use a little refreshing, cleaning your carpets will do the trick. If you can’t afford to hire professional carpet cleaners, or you feel like taking on the project yourself, renting a carpet cleaner can give your carpets the professional look you’ve been dreaming of. And if you have hardwood floors that need to be refurbished, renting a floor sander is an excellent first step for this project.
This article is courtesy of Brandpoint.