Go for the classic look
The kitchen is the heart of the home, the place where memories are made while cooking, eating and sharing stories around the table. Since so much time is spent in this room, it’s important to have a kitchen that fits your personality. There are many styles to choose; but traditional remains one of the most popular because of its timeless, classic look.
If you’re updating your kitchen, here are some tips to create a space that reflects your personal style.
• Color matters. Select paint colors that are warm and inviting like cream, taupe and gold. Light colors are popular in the kitchen because they provide a feeling of cleanliness and make the space feel larger. Infuse your room with a few stylish touches by incorporating accents in darker or richer shades, especially in the furniture, wood trim or flooring.
• Quality fixtures. When designing your new kitchen, don’t overlook the faucets. They get used many times during the day — needing to withstand heavy usage and tie into the overall design of the kitchen.
• Storage with flair. Replacing cabinets is usually the most expensive part of a kitchen remodel, so take your time and choose carefully. First, think about the color and the type of wood. White painted cabinets with intricate details and raised-panel doors are a popular choice for traditionally styled kitchens. Adding eye-catching details also goes a long way.
• Luxury countertops. Granite and butcher block are great choices for countertops. According to the National Association of Home Builders, granite is the most desirable, must-have kitchen feature.
• Decorative lighting. For ambient lighting, consider a chandelier. Hang it over the kitchen island or the dining space to add a sophisticated touch.
This article is courtesy of Brandpoint.