Gardening doesn’t get easier than this
Effortlessly and affordably transform or enhance your outdoor space into an urban oasis without lifting a finger! Geobunga’s new on-site consultation and design service, GEO TO GO, offers local residents and businesses just that.
Geobunga welcomes the public to learn more about the GEO TO GO service on Saturday, July 6, at a free public seminar. Although seminars are free, space is limited and reservations are recommended at www.geobunga.com. Seminars are held at 9 a.m. at Geobunga Honolulu, 4299 Lawehana St., in Salt Lake and 2 p.m. at Geobunga Windward, 41-829 Kakaina St., in Waimanalo.
“After each workshop, we noticed a growing number of attendees lining up to ask for advice on their specific gardening or design issues. Many would invite us out to their homes seeking design advice. Some didn’t have the time or physical capability to do the labor themselves, so GEO TO GO was born,” said Andrew Dedrick, Geobunga executive director. “We’re excited to offer a more personal service for our clients and very fortunate to have the design expertise of our resident workshop instructor Keola Kalama.”
Meet GEO TO GO’s designer
Kalama is the lead creative force behind GEO TO GO. He has a background in floral and interior design and takes a holistic approach when designing each residential or commercial space — incorporating client personalities and considering one’s lifestyle when selecting each design element.
“Think of GEO TO GO as the trimmings on a holiday tree or icing on the cake,” said Kalama, who serves as Geobunga’s lead visual merchandiser and creative consultant. “Clients come to us for a professional eye. We’re surrounded by these gorgeous flowers and plants every day and can offer useful tips on not only which plants will look great in your space and creative ways to arrange them, but (which ones) will work for your lifestyle.”
GEO TO GO applications
This service can help with the following:
• Existing problems. Are noisy neighbors or unsightly views of traffic getting you down? Maybe you have an unusual gardening dilemma? GEO TO GO will offer attractive and practical solutions to your issues.
• Special occasions. Go big and give the gift of a beautiful garden or outdoor oasis to a loved one. GEO TO GO will complete an installation within a day, allowing you to return home to a totally transformed space.
• Commercial spaces. Hotel and business lobbies should greet guests with a favorable first impression. GEO TO GO will spruce up any sized commercial space, spreading aloha through attractive design.
• Physical challenges. Back pain, bad knees or other ailments often gets in the way of gardening or outdoor decorating. Are your potted plants too heavy to lift? Is the water feature too large to move? GEO TO GO can handle the entire installation for select projects — you don’t lift a finger!
• Weddings and special events. From corporate events to weddings and special events, GEO TO GO will collaborate design ideas with you to develop an overall layout and design that will leave you breathless. GEO to GO will hand-select the perfect floral arrangements to ensure your event is a success. Give away centerpieces to guests and take home plants for your own garden. Talk about an eco-friendly event!
Geobunga turns the ordinary into extraordinary as Hawaii’s best resource for enhancing outdoor experiences. Providing unique garden elements from around the world with the best prices, selection and service in the state, each visit to Geobunga brings something new to discover.
SAVE THE DATE
Geobunga’s upcoming free, four-part gardening series will be held:
• July 20 – Island style rock garden
• Aug. 3 – Medicine garden
• Aug. 17 – Pizza garden
• Aug. 31 – Container gardening
Reserve your spot at www.geobunga.com
contact // 422-4567
address // 4299 Lawehana St. • 41-829 Kakaina St.
web // www.geobunga.com
Photos courtesy of Geobunga