Easy Tips for a Lawn That Makes the Cut
The days are getting longer, the grass is growing and yard work season has begun. Many homeowners strive to have the best lawn in the neighborhood, but the task ahead can often feel daunting and time-consuming.
Although yard work can be overwhelming at times, the steps to a great-looking lawn are easier than you think. To get started, here are a few tips for giving your yard that finished look:
• Keep grass approximately 2 inches in length and only take off 1/3 inch of new growth.
• Alternate the direction you mow each session. If you mow in the same direction every time, the wheels will create a rut in the grass.
• Plant flowers around the yard for a pop of color. Using mulch in flower beds will also add detail to your landscape.
• Use string trimmers around trees, rocks, fences and other obstacles to give your lawn a polished look.
• Use a broom to clean grass clippings and soil from pavement and walkways.
Making your lawn stand out as the beauty of the block will take some work, but the end result will be worth the effort. Yard work can feel easier and even enjoyable when using the right lawn care tools for the job. Visit www.troybilt.com to learn more about lawn care products to help make time in the yard more pleasurable.
This article is courtesy of Brandpoint.