A Design-Build Team that Delivers
At Hawaii’s Interior Design Center, design-builders bring a method of project delivery in which one entity (HIDC design-build team) works under a single contract with the project owner to provide design and construction services.
One entity, one contract, one unified flow of work from beginning concept through final product.
Design-build is also known as design/construct and single-source responsibility. Across the country and around the world, design-build successfully delivers office buildings, homes, schools, stadiums, transportation and water infrastructure projects with superior results.
The alternative to design-build is design-bid-build. With design-bid-build, design and construction are split — separate entities, separate contracts, separate work.
Design-build, design-bid-build and construction management are the three project-delivery systems most commonly employed in Hawaii. Over the past 15 years, use of design-build has greatly accelerated in the United States, making this delivery method one of the most significant trends in design and construction today.
One Contract, One Team
Hawaii’s Interior Design Center streamlines project delivery through a single contract between the owner and the design-build team. This simple but fundamental difference saves money and time by transforming the relationship between designers and builders into an alliance that fosters collaboration and teamwork. United from the outset of every project, an integrated team readily starts and completes construction.
So what’s the advantage of working with a design-build team?
1. Faster delivery. Collaborative project management means work is completed faster with fewer problems.
2. Cost savings. An integrated team is geared toward efficiency and innovation.
3. Better quality. Design-builders meet performance needs, not minimum design requirements, often developing innovations to deliver a better project than initially imagined.
4. Singular responsibility. One entity is held accountable for cost, schedule and performance.
5.Decreased administrative burden. Owners can focus on the project rather than managing disparate contracts.
6. Reduced risk. The design-build team assumes additional risk.
7. Reduced litigation claims. By closing warranty gaps, owners virtually eliminate litigation claims.
For those interested in hiring Hawaii’s Interior Design Center as their design-build team, call 842-9404 or visit the company showroom at 306 Kalihi St., located at the corner of Kalihi and Nimitz.